Saturday, September 6, 2014

It's Official...65

My birthday was not highly anticipated, but greatly celebrated and appreciated!  The surprises started Thursday night.  Reed arranged for me to take a glass-blowing class.  It was something I will never forget.  Interesting, fun, and HOT!  I made a pumpkin...to be forever displayed as part of my Fall decor.
                        It starts with a glob of molten glass... I will be rolling it on that table to start shaping.
                           Stick that blob back in the "hole" and twirl and twirl and twirl...trying not to let it flop.
                           This would be the blowing step...he is rolling the tube back and forth, I am shuffling along, blowing into the end. 
                   Almost done...have to add the stem...

                                    ta-da!

No comments: